www.premierguitar.com PREMIER GUITAR NOVEMBER 2009 45
SPECIAL ADVERTISING SECTION
• EQ section inspired by the EQ controls of the original modeled amplifiers
• 128 user-programmable presets
*All product names herein are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no
way associated or affiliated with Line 6.
An Instant Collection of Essential FX
Start smart and dive deep with the unprecedented control of Line 6 Smart
FX. Twenty brilliant effects deliver unprecedented color, adjustability and
routing options. You can tweak up to six parameters of any effect —
including the intelligent Smart Harmony and Pitch Glide, and easy-to-use
14-second Quick Loop — and route it pre- or post- for an extraordinary
collection of tone-shaping tools. Plus, you get every guitarist’s required
palette of colors including beautiful Delays, tangy Mods, lush Reverbs and
more. Up to four effects can be used simultaneously.
• 20 Smart FX including Smart Harmony, Pitch Glide, Quick Loop & more
• Tweak up to six parameters of any effect and route it pre- or post-
• Up to four effects at once
Fully Editable, Deeply Sophisticated
Spider Valve MkII 112 is poised to become the workhorse amp for all
kinds of pro players. Its seamless integration into MIDI rigs allows for quick
changes to all front-panel controls, easy synching of your time-based
effects (to themselves and to your drummer’s click-track) as well as other
time- and energy-saving features.
Plus, two output modes deliver easy and effective solutions for direct-recording and gigging. Performance Mode lets you send a signal, which
provides tube and modeling interaction, via the XLR out to the front-of-house engineer. Studio Mode bypasses the tubes to send the platinum-album Line 6 modeling only.
• Seamless MIDI integration
• Performance Mode provides a direct signal that captures interaction
between tubes and modeling
• Studio Mode provides a direct signal that captures the modeling only
Brawny Tube Tone
Many so-called tube amps employ low-voltage ”marketing” tubes to
add authenticity to their “tube amp” claim. Spider Valve MkII 112 boasts
bona fide Bogner-designed preamp and power amp sections that run at
lethal voltages (about 300 volts and 450 volts, respectively) to produce
exceptional depth, tonal coloration and richness.
The signal from the Line 6 front-end flows into the pair of 12AX7 preamp
tubes to produce creamy, cascading distortions and enriched tube harmonics. The perfectly matched pair of 6L6 power tubes then drives the
Celestion Vintage 30 speaker to provide unprecedented sonic impact.
• Line 6 tonal flexibility, deep editing and world-class modeling
• Bogner-designed preamp and power amp sections
• Pair of 12AX7 preamp tubes; matched pair of 6L6 power tubes
After being poured from the 12” Celestion Vintage 30 speaker, your tone
soaks up the spanky thump of the tuned three-quarter closed-back cabinet. The result is a tight low-end punch for a truly exceptional feel.
• 12” Celestion Vintage 30 speaker
• Tuned three-quarter closed-back cabinet
• Tight low-end punch and exceptional feel
Hands-free Control & More
Line 6 FBV foot controllers deliver out-of-the-box volume/wah, pitch control, preset control and more. FBV Shortboard MkII pairs perfectly with
Spider Valve MkII 112 to offer complete, hands-free control of the on-board Spider Valve MkII effects including Quick Loop, Smart Harmony and
more. The bright and backlit oversized LCD makes it easy to see preset
names and the chromatic tuner.
• Out-of-the-box connectivity
• Control Spider Valve MkII effects including Quick Loop, Smart
Harmony and more
• Oversized LCD is easy to read
The Spider Valve Mk II is also available in a 40-watt 2x12 combo and 100-
watt head; pair the HD100 with 412VS closed-back 4x12 cabinets for superior tone of the highest definition.